How You Can Get Cryptocurrency Price Alerts As Email Notifications
Can you count how much time you’ve loose or missed to purchase your favorite cryptocurrency just that you were unable to keep track it and lost the exact price point ought you to have to get it?
I’m very sure that every crypto guys out there would have experience such issue often.
This happens mainly because the crypto market is volatile and cryptocurrency volatility gives us the opportunity to benefit largely from it. However, the timing is crucial here.
THis always occurs since the crypto market is volatile and cryptocurrency volatility paves a way to benefit largely from it. But, the timing is vital here. You’ve got to be on the top of price movements if you actually want to use this volatility. But it is practically impossible to track prices every minute of the day.
But, there are some tools you can use to keep track the price on our behalf and also alert us fast when the buy/sell price is as per our requirements. However, most of these tools are quite technical which keeps regular users at bay.
It would be a nice idea to have a tool that tracks all these price movements for us, notify us in the real-time and also at the same time is very easy to you, just like using an excel spreadsheet. Wouldn’t it?
Guess what! insurancequotestip have gotten one such tool.
The name of the tool is ‘Track My Crypto,’ a Google Sheets Add-on that will let you add your favorite cryptocurrencies on a google spreadsheet with your target zone.
prices and also simultaneously get email alerts for you.
The exciting part – it is straightforward to use.
Here are some things you would get in the add-on
Keep Track your Crypto: Features.
Some of the touch notch features you’ll get from this add-on:
- Track your favorites cryptocurrencies using just a single spreadsheet
- You’ll receive email alerts when the current price point is crossed
- Market values in one of the supported currencies
- You can Unsubscribe/unsubscribe anytime
- Sweet part! you can change alert threshold value point anytime you want
- Auto refresh values on open
How To Use-Track My Crypto
1. Open Track My Crypto add-ons page and then click on ‘Free.’
2. Authenticate the access to your Google account.
3. Having done the authentication, go straight to Add-ons? Track My Crypto? Add a Cryptocurrency, as you can see below.
4. Put the threshold values of the cryptocurrency you want to track, then submit to see your crypto listed as shown above.
Once the notifications are ON, and you’ve input the threshold, you will receive email alerts as shown below so that you can be informed about your trades.
- Remove Cryptocurrencies
Removing cryptocurrencies is as easy as you added new cryptos on this sheet. Simply go to Add-ons –Track My Crypto — Remove a Cryptocurrency.
Choose the Cryptocurrencies you would like to remove and click‘Submit.’ After doing that, you will no longer receive alerts from that crypto again and will delete from your tracking list. Select-The-Crypt-From-Dropdown
- Enable/Disable Email Notification
The notifications for new cryptocurrency will be enabled by default, once you added another one. If you wouldn’t like to receive the notifications, there are two
methods of doing it.
1. Navigate, Add-ons? Track My Crypto? Stop Notifications. But, you will disable notifications for the currencies in one go and will not be able to track currencies that you want to continue monitoring. Similarly, you can start notifications which will give you access and be applicable for all the cryptos in the sheet.
2. In this method, edit the ‘Notification Status’ Column in your sheet then, clear the status for the current crypto you want to unsubscribes from receiving the notifications.
How Does It The sheet tracks price movements Works?
It works with the help of CryptoCompare and also Currencylayer APIs.
The app runs the script in every hour, in the background and also fetches the latest price of all your favorites cryptocurrency you added to your sheet by consuming
CryptoCompare API and converts it to the currency you subscribe to. It also updates the sheet with the latest price values.
In case of any threshold breach, if the notifications were enabled, it sends an email to the owner of the spreadsheet. You can change the threshold price you fixed in already, you’ll receive email alerts at any point in time.
Also, once you open the sheet, all the prices refreshes immediately and you can even update prices manually by hitting refresh under the Add-on menu.
Note: The background task can run more frequently rather than once in every hour, but for the Google Add-on, recurring tasks cannot run more frequently than once every hour.
Here is the list of Supported Cryptocurrencies for the add-on.
As of writing this post, the only currencies it supports are:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash / BCC (BCH)
- DigitalCash (DASH)
- Monero (XMR)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Golem Network Token (GNT)
- Waves (WAVES)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- OmiseGo (OMG)
- Ripple (XRP)
- IOTA (IOT)
- ZCash (ZEC)
Supported Fiat Currencies
Here are only the current you can you can track price:
- US Dollar ($), USD
- Australian Dollar (A$), AUD
- British Pound (£), GBP
- Euro (€), EUR
- Indian Rupee (?), INR
- Swiss Franc (Fr), CHF
We expect you to use this tool for your benefit. Also, keep us informed if you got another great tool that are similar to this.